How MapAlerter.com delivers focused alerts to you
MapAlerter.com is a multi-channel alert service that allows people to receive alerts from the City/County Council when important events take place in their locality. When someone registers on MapAlerter.com they must click on a map location to tell us roughly where they live. SO when a Council issues an alert for a given location MapAlerter checks to see who is affected. If you live within an affected region then you will receive an alert from a range of channels such as SMS, Email, Landline and Social Media. If you are not within an alert zone, then you receive nothing!
The power of MapAlerter is that you will only ever receive alerts for issues that affect you. We allow you to register two locations; Home and Work. We also calculate your likely commute route using these "Start and End Points" so that if a Road Alert is issued along your route then you will also receive an alert with diversion information.
MapAlerter's key benefits are as follows:
- Timely ALerts: You will receive alerts from your Council as soon as it is published.
- "Push" Alert System: You no longer have to check for Council news: we will alert you as soon as something happens in your locality. Just sign up, then sit back and wait for alerts.
- Choose the alerts you need:From your account area it is possible switch on/off the alerts that interest you. If you are on a private water supply then why receive public water supply alerts?!
- Help an Elderly Neighbour: Do you know a neighbour who has no web or mobile access? Then you can sign them up to receive emergency Landline Alerts on their behalf.
- Simple Interface: Our registration process takes a few moments, and it is a simple task to update your alert preferences.
- Shared Service amongst many Councils:MapAlerter is used by many Councils, some of which are joined up. So if you live in one county and work in another then you'll receive alerts from a single MapAlerter account.
- It is a 100% free service!!!:MapAlerter is completely free. Registration is free and there are no hidden costs or charges to receive alerts.
Illustration of a large-scale alert from MapAlerter.com
The above image illustrate how MapALerter.com operates. Only people in an alert zone are notified meaning the alert content is always relevant. The service is also functional across county boundaries so emergency alerts can be delivered from multiple Councils.
To register for a free MapAlerter account, please visit our registration page.Remember, the service is 100% free and will ensure that you are kept in the loop for emergency alerts throughout the year from your local authority.