Become an Alerter on MapAlerter.com
MapAlerter.com was launched in March 2011 and is now being used by a number of local authorities across Ireland. The service has grown to include a variety of attractive benefits for Councils who want to keep their customers informed during emergency events such as Severe Weather as well as day to day events such as Water Service Disruptions. The technology is very scalable and a range of features are available for all Councils. At present MapAlerter allows Councils to issue alerts for a number of categories such as Flood Alerts, Severe Weather Warnings, Road Closures and Incidents, Boil Water Notices, Water Service Disruptions, Major Emergency Plan Updates, Bridge Lift Alerts, Road Gritting & Salting Updates and many others.
MapAlerter is more than just a "text alert system". MapAlerter delivers alerts through a variety of channels in a timely manner to ensure that all your customers can be alerted for emergency events. If a mobile network is down, then MapAlerter is also able to deliver alerts by Email, Landline Phone Call and Social Meda. This means that the system is not dependent on a specific communication channel.
MapAlerter represents a cost-effective way for Councils to communicate with their customers. There are a number of cost-effective benefits for Councils who are using the service:
- Filtered Alerting: Our "map based" approach only issues alerts to affected citizens. This means that SMS, Landline and other overheads are reduced which means lower costs to provide the service.
- Consistent Message during Emergencies: MapAlerter allows Councils to issue a clear message during emergencies that is published simultaneously. So rather than having 5 staff updating 5 channels with different messages, MapAlerter removes any ambiguity and your emergency alerts are consistent.
- Cloud/Web Based Solution: The technology is provided to Councils as a shared service, meaning that there are no hardware or software costs for the Council to use the system.
- Single Data Entry Approach: When a Council staff member adds an alert to MapAlerter it is routed to all communication channels automatically. This means that a single data entry action on MapAlerter can be auto-posted to Council websites, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and other channels without any additional effort.
- Reliable Service: MapAlerter is a very reliable service with positive feedback from all participating Councils to date. MapAlerter was awarded as Best Local Government Service at the 2012 eGovernment Awards. It is also shortlisted at the 2012 Chambers Ireland Awards as Best Local Government Innovation.
- Easy to Use Web Service: The technology is very simple to use, with little training required for staff. Alerts only take a moment to enter through our website or mobile apps so staff overheads are freed up for other tasks.
- Positive Environmental Impact: MapAlerter is a 100% paperless system and represents a move away from mail shots for day to day notifications for water service disruptions. Costly mail shot overheads such as postage, stationary, ink, fuel for delivery, staff resources, etc, are all avoided with MapAlerter.com.
View our Instructional Video for Local Authorities (Use full screen option)
To request a callback on MapAlerter, please Contact Us at (01) 2544363, or by completing our web contact form. We are happy to provide all Councils with a demo login to trial the service before making a decision. We will also present a demonstration at your offices to help show how MapAlerter.com can improve your "Government-to-Citizen" communications strategy.